SHOCK: Rochester Police Chief, Entire Department Command Suddenly Announce Retirement After Riots

Please share:

by Sam Rostock

Rochester, NY Police Chief La’Ron Singletary said in a surprise announcement on Tuesday that he, a 20-year veteran of the force, will be retiring at the age of 40 after less than 18 months on the job, after controversy erupted over the March death of a black man while in police custody.

His deputy and the city’s entire command staff joined him in leaving, according to ABC News and Bloomberg.

It was a clear message of “no confidence” in the weak Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren, who has kowtowed to the mob and thrown her own cops under the bus.

Speaking via Zoom, Mayor Warren confirmed the moves, adding “The Chief was not asked to give his resignation.”

Rochester Police Chief La’Ron Singletary said in a statement that he was honored to serve the city in upstate New York for 20 years and commended his staff. However, he said the protests and criticism of his handling of the investigation into the March 23 incident “are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity.”

“As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character,” he said in a statement. “The members of the Rochester Police Department and the Greater Rochester Community know my reputation and know what I stand for.”

When asked who would be in charge of the police department this evening in the event of new protests, Warren said she didn’t know and asked for the briefing to be adjourned so that a replacement could be found. As of Sunday, a total of 37 people had been arrested and eight police officers hospitalized amid the unrest.  -Bloomberg

Singletary came under fire following news of the death of Daniel Prude

, a mentally ill black man who died of asphyxiation after police attempted to take him into protective custody in March – two months before the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, yet the incident didn’t become public until last week, according to the Democrat & Chronicle.

Prude, 41, had been suffering from a mental health episode and was running naked throughout the streets. Once officers caught him, a ‘spit hood’ was placed over his head after he began spitting. He was then held face down on the pavement for just over two minutes, after which he stopped breathing. Prude was pronounced DOA to the hospital from “asphyxia”. It was a controversial finding among many Medical Examiners in the NY reigion, given the extreme drug use and week-long time before death.

Violent Black Lives Matter militants took to the streets of Rochester, New York Friday night, destroyed restaurants, sent diners running and then roved into residential neighborhoods.

The rioters climbed on people’s homes in the middle of the night.

They harassed patrons at area restaurants:

UPDATE: President Trump has weighed in…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *